Hashtags are one of the means of promotion in social networks. Algorithms use them to classify and display content in search, and users find information and useful accounts. So in social networks, goods, services and brands are popularized for free.
What is a hashtag?
This designation comes from the Latin hashtag: hash – hash, tag – tag, placed before a keyword or phrase. It is like a marker or shortcut to indicate that the content is relevant to a particular topic. Collections of hundreds and thousands of posts are formed.
Words in a hashtag in Russian or English are written in one piece, through an underscore _ or with a capital letter, sometimes emoji are added at the end. Each spelling is a separate label.
Materials marked with # in Latin are also shown for England, America and other English-speaking countries. If a company sells goods only in Ukraine, foreign visitors may not become customers, but traffic and activity on the page will increase. Designations in Cyrillic and Latin in different formulations expand the geography of displays.
Marking # works for open accounts that are accessible for everyone to interact with. In closed public pages, posts and stories will only be seen by followers.
We recommend that you check your spelling to avoid losing your audience due to a misspelled marker. Incorrectly spelled words are used if users enter them frequently.
Types of hashtags by frequency
This characteristic is tracked in the search by the number of mentions:
- Chigh-frequency – more than 1 million, high-frequency – up to 1 million – increase the initial mass of followers and viewers of stories. Most of the reactions come from bots and commercial profiles operating through mass-liking and mass-following services. The chances of being in the TOP are slim.
- Cmedium-frequency – from 10 to 100 thousand are effective for expanding the interested audience.
- Hizkochastotnye -. 10 thousand promotes narrowcasting products.
Different combinations of options from these categories are involved. At the same time, they increase their activity, promote the post, and look for customers or companions.
Features of # tags:
- If you rearrange the words, the result changes significantly.
- Changing only the letter gives a selection of different popularity.
- Multiple hashtags are often applied to products or concepts. Although they have the same meaning, their frequency is different.
For example, a nutritional blogger wants to find new followers among coffee drinkers. On the page, he posts a post about a drink for healthy lifestyle lovers – coffee with butter, indicates two English-language notes: medium-frequency #bulletproofcoffee and low-frequency #buttercoffee, the coverage is expanding.
Types of hashtags for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
Users of different social networks enter similar keywords related to several categories in dialogs, posts and searches. They are effective for marketing tasks and audience expansion on any service.
These are queries related to common interests: drinks and food, location, hobby, action, etc. Commercial markers attract product seekers: #coffeesale, #coffeebuy, #coffeeshop, #coffeebar, #coffeemachine. Provide sales growth. Statements that convey feelings, mood, attitude, catch connoisseurs and like-minded people: #coffeetime, #coffeelover, #coffeeart, #coffeelife, #coffeebreak. They add followers, likes and reposts.
By entering the corresponding phrase in the search, we see popular and similar versions. This makes it easier to choose the # notation on each social network.
The name of the area with the keyword “#coffee + city” directs residents and guests of the city to a cafe, shop, fitness center. This is how they find goods, service providers, tourist resorts, educational institutions.
business or product is popularized through “# + company name” in a story or message with a promo code, a promotion announcement, and an attractive product photo.
The mark “#our team + company” introduces the employees. They talk about themselves, share funny stories, show professional skills. It builds confidence and attracts visitors to a private farm, clothing design studio, cafe or entertainment center.
The branded hashtag is distributed through promotions. In the conditions, they are asked to enter a unique mark when reposting an image to a story. She helps the company build a positive reputation, track mentions, and engage in dialogue with potential customers.
hashtags for the profession of
Customers findArtists and photographers through thematic publics that recommend professionals by # marks. In their posts, the experts themselves add similar hashtags with the name of the profession and location.
When announcing a scheduled event, use the “# + name of the meeting” and the organizer. There are few small scale local events. Their task is to tell the participants and those interested about the start date and the course of the event.
Through “# + topic”,loggers combine stories about their training, personal or professional stories, and companies – information about products or services and invite them to view collections on the topic. Occasionally generate interest by adding questions addressed in related posts.
Features of hashtags for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
Phrases # are checked for “safety”. The system punishes with sanctions for prohibited calls that can offend the audience or encourage them to violate the law and the rights of others. Bad reputations are not recommended. In the issue, they are accompanied by a message:
Although the rules for using hashtags in social networks are similar, there are peculiarities of their work in each system. Taking them into account, it will turn out to expand the coverage and arouse the interest of users.
Socialbakers research found that hashtag overload lowers audience engagement. One # sign gives a positive result. If there are more than two Facebook posts, user engagement with the content is reduced.
We recommend tags that solve specific tasks: informing about an event, promoting a product or brand, reflecting the interests of users. Facebook hashtags are selected in the same way as keywords for SEO:
- They use generation services queries and evaluate their popularity in the search.
- Track common tags in their niche and check the number of mentions.
- Determine the reach of their publications with different # notations on the same topic and leave those for which the most views.
On Facebook, 3-5 hashtags are enough. They are placed in the text or at the end of the post. The task is to interest, to offer to learn more, to get additional facts.
# Markers within groups help you find information quickly. It is possible to make a signature “Navigation” on the image, place tags with themes and pin the message. It will become the “table of contents” of the public and will increase the depth of viewing, the time the guests stay on the page and lead them to the information of interest.
The Facebook Audience Insights tool helps you get to know your target audience better to find the right # notation. The statistics categorize according to the degree of engagement, coverage and type of publication.
This social network allows you to post no more than 30 hashtags under a post and up to 10 in stories. According to statistics from Hubspot in 2020, the average number of C # phrases under posts is about 11. It is recommended to use no more than 5 tags.
Where is it better to put hashtag: after the main text or in the comments? Socialinsider and Quuu conducted a study of 649,895 posts and came to the following conclusions:
- 87.7% of tags are in photo captions, and not in the first comment.
- Publications, where 27-30hashtags, do not bring the increase audience engagement.
- Profiles of up to 100 thousand subscribers receive more coverage if the hashtags at the end of the text, where from 100 thousand followers, they give the best result in the comments.
User engagement is influenced by the demand for hash marks, where they are placed, and the number of profile subscribers. Reader interaction analytics helps you determine which keywords and their placement are more effective.
This social network has significantly fewer posts than Facebook or Instagram, so the hashtag strategy is different:
- When you set up a business account, LinkedIn provides a list of recommended keywords for your profile. You can add up to three or specify your own. They do not become interactive and are not highlighted in blue.
- Hashtags are added to messages anywhere when videos, photos are shared. You can enter your own passphrase. Lattices are used in comments and articles, but they do not appear in hashtag feeds.
- Marks # to the article are made in a special comment. When you click “Publish”, a pop-up window appears, where one of the paragraphs prompts you to report the content. The field is filled with hashtags corresponding to the subject of the text. On LinkedIn, you cannot change them in published articles. In the text itself, labels are not active.
- It is recommended that you use no more than 3 hashtags, as Pete Davis, a former director of product management at LinkedIn, talked about in an article on the company’s website.
Hashtags optimize search and disseminate information among the target audience and it is important to use them correctly. However, the maximum growth in traffic and activity on the page is obtained with constant professional promotion and advertising in social networks. It is shown to a much larger number of users interested in the subject of a public or business profile. By combining all means of promotion, they achieve a stable increase in the engagement of followers and an expansion of coverage.
Rating / 5.